[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 28 10:37:44 CET 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >(This seems to be one of the really rare cases where a dynamic receive
> >is actually needed. Other than that, in 4-5 years of using Pd I never
> >needed to rename a receiver. I think it's generally better to use a
>
> i would totally agree (if i didn't use dynamic senders/receivers myself
> sometimes)

Note that I consider dynamic *senders* to be very useful, Sending to
different targets is as natural as talking to different people.

I just don't like changing receivers. Renaming a receiver-name to me
more feels like doing this kind of conversation:

* "Hi, I'm Frank, may I help you?"

- "Yes, could you explain Pd's data structures a bit, Frank?"

* "Sorry, who are you talking to? I'm Matju now. And data structures
  suck."

Ciao
--
 Matju Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__