[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Mon Nov 28 11:57:14 CET 2005

Hi!

I tried many things, but I still get no connection and an "error:
unpack: type mismatch" changing any number/slider in cnv-edit.

João Miguel Pais wrote:
> all editing of gui objects works only through send messages. You must
> give  your canvas(es) a receive [and send] symbol first (if you don't
> have them  already).

What I did:

- Open cnv-edit and a new empty patch.
- Put a canvas
- Edited the send-symbol field of the canvas to "test1"
- Edited the receive-symbol field of the canvas to "test2"

Is this what you mean by giving a receive/send symbol? You don't mean a
pd "symbol" (ctrl-4), don't you?

Then you must type that receive symbol in the
> receive symbol  field in cnv-edit. That's the connection of the patches.

I changed the receive symbol _field_ in the symbol labeled "Receive"
from "$0-receive-i" to "test1". Is this what you propose? It looks
strange, I think I should change the send field, but anyhow, both
changes don't work.
I tried to change the Receive-symbol in the
"Symbols.of.the.target.object" - no results as well...

> English is not my mutter language (more like cousin language), if you
> want  you can suggest a simple phrase to explain how to make the
> connection.

Don't worry - your English is fine. I think I'm doing something wrong
here - it seems like I'm the only one with problems here. Which pd do
you need for cnv-edit (maybe that's the point)?

br, Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak
Institut für Schallforschung