[PD] Canvas editor patch 2

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 17:09:43 CET 2005

> [r] in plain Pd doesn't allow this, all IEM-GUI objects however do.

that's true. but I wanted to use only standard objects (maybe too
radical?).

> As far as I see, you only need dynamic receives to get the position of
> the cnv. You can fake that by renaming the receivers of IEM number

true. in itself also not so necessary, but if the feature is there, why
not add it?

> the cnv. You can fake that by renaming the receivers of IEM number
> boxes [nbx]. However be careful: Once you renamed the receiver, the
> old value is gone, so you need to keep track of which receiver name is
> currently active.

ok, good point. but it will save time if one gives the variable first,
which is the point of the patch. I mean, if no changes in code are
predicted, since it's working I guess it wouldn't bother so (well, apart
 from "dirtying" the patch).