[PD] OSX - Send PD messages from Terminal?

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Mon Nov 28 17:21:20 CET 2005

Hi,

Pd comes with 'pdsend'.  You use it in the same way as your 'packet
injector', with a [netrecieve] in the Pd patch.

Extract from the manual page:

DESCRIPTION
        Pdsend  sends  messages to pd(1), via a socket conection, from
pdsend's standard input.  This input can be any stream of Pd messages
separated by  semicolons.   This  is  probably the easiest way to
control pd from another application. ...

Where 'pdsend' is on an OSX system, I don't know (sorry) - compiled from
source on Linux it is at '/usr/local/bin/pdsend'.

Claude