[PD] Pd-extended Build System is ready for the public

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 28 18:23:29 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 11:35 AM, Thoralf Schulze wrote:

> hi,
>
>> Even better would be to get the MinGW fixes into the
>> Gem build system
>> so that the whole thing can be built from source in
>> one go.  The noncvs
> yeah, I was thinking about doing this, too. have to
> make myself more familiar with makefiles and scons ...

AFAIK, Gem is built using a standard configure/make setup.  So it would
just be a matter of tweaking the configure.in and makefile.in for
MinGW.  MinGW is quite close to Linux in terms of building, so it
probably wouldn't take much, mostly likely just some -I and -L paths,
and maybe some Windows-specific -l library flags.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams