[PD] Pd-extended Build System is ready for the public

Thoralf Schulze thoralf_schulze at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 28 19:27:05 CET 2005

hi hans, hi johannes,

> oh i would love that!
> (but i am booting into w32 so seldomly that i don't
> think i will get it
> running on my own).
> so thoralf ?

It's on my to-do-list, but with a rather low priority.
It's something I'm working on on-and-off.
Unfortunately, it's a bit more than just fixing up
paths to headers and libs. The main things are:

- get gems dependencies to build with mingw. I'm
through with this.
- get the base libs of the m$ platform sdk to compile
with mingw. gem (on win) depends on these when it
comes to directshow-stuff (namely, opening movies and
getting pictures from frameservers). I did this once
when I built gem with dev-c++, so this _should_ be
relatively easy to accomplish.
- incorporate mingw as an additional target to the
makefile (or/and) scons configuration. I could
definitely need some help here, since I'm not very
familiar with this stuff (and don't want to dive too
deep into it :-) ).

Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on this during
the next - well, two weeks at least (gotta work on my
thesis, pay my rent, tvjt, there is a performance,
etc). But it's on my agenda.

with kind regards,
thoralf.