[PD] Pd-extended Build System is ready for the public

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Nov 28 21:42:07 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:27 PM, Thoralf Schulze wrote:

> hi hans, hi johannes,
>
>> oh i would love that!
>> (but i am booting into w32 so seldomly that i don't
>> think i will get it
>> running on my own).
>> so thoralf ?
>
> It's on my to-do-list, but with a rather low priority.
> It's something I'm working on on-and-off.
> Unfortunately, it's a bit more than just fixing up
> paths to headers and libs. The main things are:
>
> - get gems dependencies to build with mingw. I'm
> through with this.
> - get the base libs of the m$ platform sdk to compile
> with mingw. gem (on win) depends on these when it
> comes to directshow-stuff (namely, opening movies and
> getting pictures from frameservers). I did this once
> when I built gem with dev-c++, so this _should_ be
> relatively easy to accomplish.
> - incorporate mingw as an additional target to the
> makefile (or/and) scons configuration. I could
> definitely need some help here, since I'm not very
> familiar with this stuff (and don't want to dive too
> deep into it :-) ).
>
> Unfortunately, I won't be able to work on this during
> the next - well, two weeks at least (gotta work on my
> thesis, pay my rent, tvjt, there is a performance,
> etc). But it's on my agenda.
>
> with kind regards,
> thoralf.

Well, I am currently working on a Windows port of [hid], so I am
working with DirectX and MinGW.  I haven't gotten it going yet, any
tips or docs?

Whenever you are ready to do the Gem thing, you can always post
questions to the list.  There are a few of us who have messed with
MinGW: Carmen Rocco, Thomas Grill, Tim Blechmann, and me (any others?)

____

                            - Eldridge Cleaver