[PD] [OT] Edirol FA-101 under Linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Nov 29 12:13:45 CET 2005

Hallo,
Stefan Turner hat gesagt: // Stefan Turner wrote:

> First post for a long time! This has been asked before
> but I don't think it was ever answered... I'm looking
> to upgrade my laptop soundcard to something with at
> least 8 inputs (and preferably MIDI in and at least
> one XLR preamp). The Edirol FA-101 sounds ideal and is
> apparently supported by Freebob ( freebob.sf.net ).
> Just wondering, has anybody got this working with Pd
> under Linux? Or if not are there any other recommended
> alternatives suitable for a laptop?

To my knowledge there are no Linux-supported laptop cards which offer
more that 8 inputs apart from the RME and some FW devices - both can
be tricky to set up.

An alternative to consider might be a small barebone system, where you
can use a good and inexpensive PCI card like the M-Audio Delta 1010LT
directly. You know, something like the MSI Hetis 915:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/slim_pc/slm_index.php

Ciao