[PD] help with rfft~

Stefan Turner stefanlturner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 19:56:44 CET 2005

Or rather convolution was multiplying the
> frequancy magnitudes but
> also multiplying the two frequency values as well.

Convolution is multiplication in the frequency domain.
This free guide is quite good for explaining this and
more: http://www.dspguide.com/

> I know you can use block~ to change sample block
> size, but I have never
> seen the second argument. What does this second
> argument do (its not in
> the pd help)?

"The block~ and switch~ objects set the block size,
overlap, and up/down-sampling ratio for the window.
(The overlap and resampling ratio are relative to the
super-patch.)" From the, er, help :) Using 4, as in
this example, means the patch will calculate four
different blocks in the time it would normally only
calculate one block, with the time each starts being
spread out equally, and the output of each outlet~
being the four blocks added together. I think it is
designed especially for FFT stuff.