[PD] still cnv-edit (last one?)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 1 07:33:13 CET 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 7:17 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

> ok, I don't think of anything else that might be added. If there's a
> will to make these abstractions current, I guess they
> should be elegantly made, so that they can last long (and don't
> require changes/maintenance).

Its a great little app, I am already a fan and used it in the designing
of the PDDP template sketches.  I am glad you are putting some time
into it.

> since a few days ago I changed:
>
> - name is shorter, $-ed (cnv-ed)

I gotta say, the two extra characters, i and t, really make it much
more clear what the object does.

How about [gui-edit]?

> - inlet to receive control messages (if anyone might need it and for
> some strange reason wants to send it through here instead
> of directly)
> - outlet to send a copy of the messages (maybe if someone wants to
> control 10 objects with it, can connect directly with
> several sends)

very handy

> - pd defaults incorporated into patch
> - no more send symbol (actually the canvas is the only one that uses
> it, right?). no need to redefine symbols to get position, everything
> is automatic

hradio, vradio, hslider, vslider, bang, and toggle all have internal
sends.  Probably some others too.

> - thanks Frank B, no more creation of objects, everything is with
> messages (no dirty patch)
>

> To make the same question different: if there are no more suggestions,
> I will start the mass production, that is, adapt it to
> the other guiobjs. (maybe also to some external guiobjs, why not? Knob
> isn't that popular besides loved by some).
> It's not a speak now or never thing, but more
> speak-now-and-get-it-done-or-speak-later-and-it-'-ll-take-much-longer
> one.

I starting an "all about GUIs" patch, right now its mostly just a
catalog of existing objects.  Later descriptions and examples will be
added.  Feel free to contribute, its in CVS under doc/pddp/about

.hc