[PD] Re: GEM cvs compile

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 1 13:10:32 CET 2005

Brad Kligerman wrote:
> I'm trying to compile GEM from the CVS (sys=FedoraFC4; pd.0.90). The
> GEM.pd-linux object was successfully built but when I try to load the
> library I get the following message=>
>
> Gem.pd_linux: Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: glUseProgramObjectARB
> Gem: can't load library
>
> Here are the last couple lines of the make command to compile Gem=>
>

> Any ideas? Thanks
> //Brad

well, your problem has been introduced by the [glsl_*]-objects, whichare
using openGL-2.0 features.
your options are: install an openGL that supports openGL-2.0 specs. (if
you have an nvidia-card, install the nvidia-glx(-devel) packages; else i
don't know (so you are probably out of luck))
OR
remove following files from the Gem-sources:
  src/Manips/glsl_*.{cpp,h,o}
  src/openGL/GEMglUniform*.{cpp,h,o}
and recompile

mfg.asdr.