[PD] Re: GEM cvs compile

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Dec 1 20:29:42 CET 2005

On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:54 AM, Max Neupert wrote:

> Am 01.12.2005 um 16:30 schrieb james tittle:
>> ...you're only "sacrificing" bleeding-edge stuff that isn't quite
>> ready for primetime yet ;-)  Seriously, it should be well known that
>> compiling Gem from cvs head is going to have some rough edges,
>> because that's where the focus of development is...in this case,
>> these objects were only committed last week, and have already gone
>> thru a few iterations, with a few more likely to go...they work, but
>> only if you have the hardware and drivers to support
>> them...conversely, they are extremely undocumented, too...
>>
>> ...besides, they aren't likely to be the place you would start
>> learning to use Gem anyway...
>
> on the other hand the last build is so old that i can understand very
> well why somebody would want to get a hand on the CVS version.

How about we start putting a stable version of Gem in the pure-data
CVS?  Then it'll automatically be built as part of the Pd-extended
build system, and the gem-dev's won't have to worry about making binary
releases anymore, except for test versions, or whatever.

Tell me a tag to use, and I'll even do the import to pure-data CVS.

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore