[PD] still cnv-edit (last one?)

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:34:16 CET 2005

> In continuation of other recent threads, I really think that saving a
> few characters is not worth it.  Pd becomes much more usable, and
> patches are much easier to understand if whole words are used.  Then you
> need only understand English rather than Pd-english on top of that.

Ok, considering your point below: when one file is used for all guiobjs
then it makes more sense for it to be "general".

> They are all so similar, I think in the long run it might be better to
> try to make a unified editor with a selector for specific GUI objects.
> Then there is only one patch to maintain, and improvements on one
> automatically get inherited by others.

> [cnv-edit] worked 'out-of-box' for me on sliders and such, but some of
> the mappings were different.  What about a unified patch that has a
> selector for specific objects that need different mappings?

that might be a better idea, the differences aren't that big. I guess it
won't remain as direct as one abs for each guiobj, but it will make things
simpler. Ok, I'll keep doing it that way.

> I can check in your patches to CVS if you don't want to do it, but its
> better if you maintain your code there.

No, don't worry. I only meant that I should familiarize myself with the
process.

> blahblah-help.pd is the standard reference filename format.  There are
> still quite a few patches using the old format, but I am rallying to get
> people to change that.  The Pd-extended installers have all patches
> converted to blahblah-help.pd as part of the build process.

ok. I didn't knew why, I had the idea that it was the other way.

joao