[PD] [OT] Sequencing design

bstine at telus.net bstine at telus.net
Sat Dec 3 02:57:02 CET 2005

hey Kyle!  I'm definitely interesting in patch state saving, but what i'm
looking for is theory for the sequencing mechanism.  It's because I'm trying to
write a simple sequencer...pretty much just a piano roll.

I figure the "sequencer" is either a callback that's called every X milliseconds
or some kind of event queue with timestamps thats checked by a thread.  I tried
making a callback mechanism in java and it was awful, skipped beats all the
time.  The event queue seems to work better but I was wondering what other
people have done.  The [metro] object in PD has perfect timing, if anyone could
explain how it works I'd much appreciate it.

thanks

-brendan