[PD] using GEM in a collaborative environment

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 4 10:33:57 CET 2005

Hallo,
Paris Treantafeles hat gesagt: // Paris Treantafeles wrote:

> Thanks. I wish there was a little more technical info on the site.
> I see that they are using OSC (Ben's suggestion as well) so I guess
> that's the way to go as long as it can be done on the internet, not
> just a LAN.

You can use OSC on a LAN as well. In fact I use OSC a lot using only
localhost, that is, let two Pds on one machine talk to each other
through OSC (one audio, one Gem for example).

Re. chdh: You can find some of their work in the Pd-CVS in
externals/pmpd and externals/nusmuk, though no about the networking. I
guess, the OSC-part is pretty usual, though, or isn't it, Cyrille?

Ciao