[PD] The Party at the Center of the Universe

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Dec 4 10:47:12 CET 2005

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, megalegoland at yahoo.fr wrote:

> There are two known reasons for the blue color observed in energetic
> objects in space: an high electrical stress, and a speed movement in our
> direction caused by doppler effect.

Well, I don't know about the electrical stress, but... there's another
(major) source of blue: very-high-temperature objects, such as big young
stars, have an incandescence spectrum centred in the blue shades.

>  I am wondering how it could be possible with peedee to make a
>  simulation of our universe model.

Depends to which degree of precision you want to do it, and especially,
which aspects of it you want to reproduce and emphasize, and then, how you
would visualise or sonorise it. Any ideas?

If you're into physical particle systems, Cyrille & Damien Henry have a
mass/spring plugin, which was called PMPD when I saw their performance.
Else, GridFlow could do things like that too, but it can also do density
models, which are more like "we have the space and then there's matter in
it" whereas particle systems are more like "we have matter and then it's
somewhere in space".