[PD] Any good data struct examples? & a wish...

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 4 15:36:56 CET 2005

Hallo,
Ed Kelly hat gesagt: // Ed Kelly wrote:

>   On a plane ride, I fanally got around to learning a bit about the
>   complex data structures. Does anyone have some good examples of
>   how to  use data structures? I am trying to sponge as much info as
>   poss...with  no shame!

People tend to like that:
http://puredata.info/community/projects/convention04/lectures/tk-barknecht/tut.tgz
(one line!)

Also see my msd-editor in CVS/externals/nusmuk/editor/ and maybe
http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/svn/goto10/pd-patches/fbar/pipeseq/
(one line!)

>   Also, is there a way to select the graphical objects with a mouse
>   inside the data object? It would be really useful to have an
>   identity  for each object, to be reported when objects are
>   selected (I could  contrive it with Gem, but anyway...)

You mean, select the graphical objects, that make up a *single*
instance of a struct-object? That is not possible, however you can
select any complete instance and get the pointer to that instance by
reading the [struct] object's outlet, which defined that data
structure. See doc/4.data.structures/08.selection.pd for an example.
Unfortunately this feature is not yet mentioned in struct-help.pd. It
was added in pd-0.39 which everyone who is regularily working with
data structures should use anyway.

Ciao