[PD] The Party at the Center of the Universe

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Sun Dec 4 18:36:19 CET 2005

On 12/4/05, megalegoland at yahoo.fr <megalegoland at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>  Well I am working on PMPD and particulary on the morphing exemple for a live show in two weeks, my computer (athlon 2600+, 333Mhz bus freq, 512 RAM, and Nvidia 64Mo) can handle the 125 spheres with no problems, it's slowing down if I use text with 'round' fonts and more than two  letters,

125 [sphere] objects take up a lot of CPU.  The more involved PMPD
patches spend up to 90% of the time drawing the spheres.  Try creating
a sphere in a 3D app like Blender and loading it using [model] and see
if it makes a difference.

I'm not sure about the text issue, but always use text3d and not 2d.