[PD] what motherboard and cpu to get

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Mon Dec 5 19:42:25 CET 2005

Le Décembre 4, 2005 08:55 PM, andy graybeal a écrit :
> hey guys.. i need some help trying to figure out what to purchase.  my
> last purchase was a while ago.
>
> i've always purchased abit or asus and with an intel cpu as well as the
> chips on the motherboard have been intel also.  can anyone recommend
> something in the p4 class for me to purchase?  it needs to work with
> linux and pd of course.. this is the only reason i'm purchasing this.
>
> please don't respond with how stupid i am for wanting intel over amd or
> other senseless things.. i'm not here to fight over what is better.. i
> just want a reasonable solution.  i'm not going to geek out on my
> hardware either.
> -andy

Hi !

I am pretty satisfied with my ASUS Z71V. You should check it out ! It is well
supported under linux : http://home.arcor.de/Leviathan81/z71v.html But, you'd
have to install the proprietary Nvidia driver to get wonderful graphics...
The audio sucks, but I guess an external sound card is better.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://www.sourcelibre.com/

<shortys-> cé normal
<shortys-> que le .exe marche pas sous linux