[PD] 1.pd freezes on [create(----[gemwin] 2.dual desktop

we are gateswideopen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:41:51 CET 2005

> 2.
> sorry for being off-topic, maybe someone just can. ive been
> struggling/trying to expand a pdp_xv to another CRT/TV or anything. but
> creating dual desktop doesnt even dare to happen. tried those guis nvtv,
> yanc and used last three months googling and fiddling with my xorg.conf.
> it worked on windblows XP...does anyone know the trick.

i discovered the best way to do this in linux is to use  a window manager
like fluxbox or  enlightenment, never really got into all the others so if
if you are using kde or gnome i dunno. find out about the
hotkeys(fluxbox=fluxkeys) and window commands such as fullscreen, decorate
toggle on/off and sticky for the good 'ol desktop switching whilst in
performance. you can do some pretty tricky stuff here wit multiple windows
and no-decorate options.

regards