[PD] error with until

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Dec 6 12:12:14 CET 2005

Hallo,
João Miguel Pais hat gesagt: // João Miguel Pais wrote:

> when I press the message pd starts working at 100%, until I kill it from
> the outside. I thought that it would generate the numbers and then set the
> float to 0, but maybe not. Can anyone tell me what's happening?

That's easy: You never stop the [until], so it will try to run
forever!

[until] needs to be stopped by a bang in its right inlet.
Alternatively you can start the [until] by sending a float instead of
a bang to its left inlet. Then it will send only as many bangs, as the
float specifies. Sending a bang to [until] always is a bit dangerous,
as little errors in a patch can get in the way of the "stop"-bang to
until, and then you have a stack overflow. However in your case, you
didn't even try to stop the [until] ;)

Ciao