[PD] Problems with Framestein

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 6 22:35:03 CET 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Nuno Godinho hat gesagt: // Nuno Godinho wrote:
>
>> I gave Framestein a try but got some problems. What I need to do for
>> an
>> interactive video project is quite simple: just blend between two
>> images. I
>> have two problems:
>> Can anyone help me? My alternative is: Go and buy Jitter :P
>
> Or use Gem or PDP to do this. Framestein is not used much here,
> probably because it's Windows-only.

I am pretty sure that Framestein is dead.  It hasn't been updated in
years and the original authors. the pink twins, use Jitter now.

But yes, use Gem.  A Windows port of PDP would be nice, and the combo
of MinGW and Quicktime should make it relatively easy.  Any volunteers?

____

publicity.

                      - Bill Moyers