[PD] readsf~ and sampling rate

Sylvain sylbx.le-beux at laposte.net
Wed Dec 7 20:17:40 CET 2005

Hi Pders,

I would like to know how Pd manage sampling rate, as I didn't much info
about this.
I am trying to read a sound file with readsf~ with an open + path
message (I also tried with soundfiler and tabplay~, same results ...)
but when I send him a bang, it reads my file with the voice of Mickey
Mouse. So, I decided to set the sample rate lower, but it seems that Pd
do not handle with Sample Rates lower than 44.1 as I do not have any
sound out when I set it lower than this (when I hopefully did not get it
crashed).
Corollar question : Is it possible to retrieve the sampling rate of a
Wav, AIFF file (with Pd or other Unix routine - under OSX) ?

Thx in advance

Sylvain