[PD] Crossfade between 4 films moving a slider

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Fri Dec 9 05:28:07 CET 2005

pix_mix does the most basic mixing possible: (imageA * coeffA) +
(imageB * coeffB).  It does not touch the alpha channel at all.

If you want to do 'alpha' blending in hardware then use the [alpha]
object followed by [colorRGB 1 1 1 0.5] and feed the alpha
coefficients into the right inlet.  Of course the images have to
overlap and be drawn in the proper order for this to work.

I made a tutorial comparing the two methods here:
http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/tutorial_gem/tutorial8.html

cgc