[PD] Max user thinking about PD

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 9 05:32:24 CET 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, chris clepper wrote:

> For what it's worth, the first working version of Jitter I saw was in
> May of 2001 and it was already slated to be a C74 product by the time I
> saw it again in August 2001.

Where did you see that? Cause the first time I ever heard of Jitter was
during the summer of 2002, when I received several messages, both by
emails and on the #jmax channel (now called #dataflow), informing me that
Cycling74 had just started advertising something called "Jitter" that was
about to be released.

I remember that date because it was just before I started porting GridFlow
to PureData, and just after I rebuilt GridFlow on top of Ruby so that it
became independent of jMax.