[PD] Max user thinking about PD

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 05:47:18 CET 2005

On 12/8/05, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, chris clepper wrote:
>
> > For what it's worth, the first working version of Jitter I saw was in
> > May of 2001 and it was already slated to be a C74 product by the time I
> > saw it again in August 2001.
>
> Where did you see that?

Joshua Clayton showed it to me and he was using it for performances.
The very early versions may have been integrated with Nato, but I
can't recall now.  We were both actively looking for Nato replacements
at the time: he was obviously looking to build something for Max while
I was looking into Linux and OSX.  He first talked about a new video
system in the works when I visited SF in early 2001.   I think the
first time I saw him use what was to become Jitter was at DEMF, and he
definitely was calling it 'Jitter' by the Transmissions festival here
in Chicago in August of 2001.

Various people from C74 asked myself and others to beta-test sometime
in Fall 2001, but I never signed on.  The beta testing lasted at least
a year from what I recall.