[PD] Max user thinking about PD

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Dec 9 11:40:29 CET 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, chris clepper wrote:

> I think the first time I saw him use what was to become Jitter was at
> DEMF, and he definitely was calling it 'Jitter' by the Transmissions
> festival here in Chicago in August of 2001.

Ah ok. Well, the very first time that Jitter was mentioned to me, as far
as I can tell, is when you told me:

<cgc00> matju: have you seen or heard about this:
http://www.cycling74.com/products/jitter.html

which is in a log called jmax-20020629.irc ...

I've never been part of the MAX crowd, cause I've made silly decisions
like majoring in Mathematics (???) instead of, say, Electroacoustics.

Starting in the summer of 2001 onwards, I've had friends planning to show
me a bit of MAX on their Macs and then we ended up never really doing it.