[PD] Web pages

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 10 11:45:15 CET 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, David Plans Casal wrote:
> On 3 Dec 2005, at 19:58, ix wrote:
> > > Ok, sorry, i was wrong. Anyway, its totally imposible to do that?
> > of course not...your best bet would probably be launching a
> > Rails-webrick instance via gridflow's ruby support..
> Oh that's just sick, and mean, and...hmmm; interesting. ;-)

I don't know how Rails works, but if it uses threads, then you can't use
it with GridFlow. If someone knows how to support Ruby threads then it can
be done. I think that what may work is if you only use GridFlow in the
main thread. That's what I recall from trying to make an IRC client in
PureData using RICE (Ruby IRC client library) :

  http://gridflow.ca/gallery/purebot.gif

Of course, when that's done, it has to be redone for Ruby 2.0.