[PD] dynamic stochastic synthesis in pd?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Dec 10 19:16:26 CET 2005

> i been experimenting using chaotic equations and strange attractors to
> control some synthesis parameters, but i now im more interested of
> using them as a source for direct sound synthesis.

i haven't been implementing any of the gendy algorithms, but i've been
using other kinds of chaotic equations for sound synthesis ...

the sources for my external are available on the cvs:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/externals/tb/chaos/

> for exampe i was trying to use the numbers resulting from those
> equations as a waveform using sig~ object with no luck. i just get
> some clicks .
> can anybody explain me how can i get sonorous signals from those
> numbers? is there any special math  or trick?

i've been using 0 different kinds of interpolation between samples ...
sample&hold, linear and cubic ... but one thing is the interpolation,
the more complex problem is to find parameter values that give a decent
behaviour ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs