[PD] GEM, fress CVS compile prob

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Dec 10 19:47:42 CET 2005

august wrote:
> 'nother problem with linking as well.
>
> for some reason, the configure script does not add links to needed libs
> from ffmpeg.  I looked in configure.ac and it appears to just not be
> there.
>
> so, when you load Gem in pd, you get lots of symbols undefined.
>
> fix - link using these extra commands:
>
> -lavformat -lavformat_pic -lavutil -lavutil_pic  -lavcodec -lavcodec_pic -ldts

actually gem tries to find out which ldflags to use via pkg-config,
<lib>-config and by simple trying to link against <lib>.
this solution should make it very simple to add more libraries and don't
have to worry about how to get the appropriate libraries (in Gem's
configure.ac)
however, it has several weaknesses, one of them is, that i don't know at
all, how to deal with pic-libraries.
(pkg-config doesn't provide a way at all how to do it, and ffmpeg-config
needs a special flag (which does not conform to other <lib>-config scripts)

on which platform are you? (which distribution, which arch,..)

mfg.adr.
IOhannes