[PD] "New movie might crash... ...survived"

Nuno Godinho eu at nunogodinho.com
Sun Dec 11 02:01:48 CET 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me on this one.

I am working with DV encoded AVI films loading them into pix_film. Everytime
I load a file I get the message "new movie might crash... ...survived". And
indeed loading files is extremely unstable. PD does crash aprox 1 out of
every 5 times I try to load a film.

Why do I get this message and why does PD crash? Is it because of the DV
encoding? Does it say this message for every kind of film?

And, since it does crash, how can I work around this problem so that PD
becomes more stable? I keep loosing my work everytime I forget to save
before testing. :(

Thanks in advance,
Nuno