[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Mon Dec 12 00:36:48 CET 2005

Le 11 Décembre 2005 17:36, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
>
> Max Neupert hat gesagt: // Max Neupert wrote:
> > some corrections for the german version though:
> > ?Sende Message...? should be ?Sende Nachricht...?
>
> Actually I would prefer "Sende Message" even in German, as Message in
> Pd is more a technical term, which I wouldn't translate. At least when
> talking about Pd in German, nobody I know says "Nachricht", everyone
> talks about "messages".

I don't know about German, but maybe "Nachricht" is appropriate, even if
everyone is using "messages". It's a matter of deciding if using English
terms is a bad habit or necessary because our native languages are too
"poor"... In Quebec, because we have a "Charter of the French language",  a
public service translates computer terms to French and even find new words,
like "courriel" for email . Here's the web site:
http://granddictionnaire.com/
--
Marc