[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Andre Schmidt huolong at arcor.de
Mon Dec 12 09:52:37 CET 2005

just my 2cents,

if we make the gui (with the _VERY_ simple english) to multilangual,
wouldnt we need to translate the objects too ?

like, if you have in the menu "datei - öffnen", then the object
"openpanel" should be "öffnenpanel" ?!

what im after, if the users os is in german, they propably never heard
about "file" (datei), so she/he needs object named "machedateiname",
lol ?

and i think multilangual gives more problems to ALL, than the user
learning a little simple english...

so leave the gui (and objects) in english and just make multilanguage
help files, tutorials etc...

but then again, as long as theres english version, i dont really care :)

cheers
andre

ps. my mother language is finnish, and i was unable to use a finnish
language os...