[PD] Opening Saved Patch Problem

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 13:34:57 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm a student taking my first tentative steps into graphical multimedia
programming with the intent to build interactive video installations. So
please forgive me if this is a real newb question! I've looked in the
documentation and online but to no avail.

I've been experimenting with making my first few patches, but I after I have
saved a patch on my computer and then closed PD I don't seem to be able to
re-open the patch again later. If I go File > Open the files are greyed-out.
Dragging and dropping the file onto the PD icon in the dock doesn't work
either?

I'm using the GEM extensions, my OS is OS X 10.4.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!

Jonathan