[PD] Fading between 4 videos - performance issues

chris clepper cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Dec 12 17:33:46 CET 2005

What kind of hardware are you using?  I have a 3.4 Ghz P4 HT with a
FireGL card and it struggles to play 4 640x480 Photo-jpeg QT clips at
30fps.  The CPU load on a HyperThreaded machine is misleading as
Windows thinks there are two actual CPUs which isn't the case.  So 50%
load usually means the thing is hammered.

Texturing performance under Windows seems pretty awful and DirectShow
and Quicktime aren't much better.  I'm looking into improving
things...