[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 12 19:02:14 CET 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Max Neupert wrote:

> formidable! (pour tout le monde du pdmtl-liste pas des nouvelles)
> does it include ÜÖÄüöäßÉéÈèÁáÑñ.. as comments?

DesireData has already supported iso-latin-1 for a while, thanks to Chun
Lee. However, the program is still waaay too buggy to be usable.

> some corrections for the german version though:
> "Sende Message..." should be "Sende Nachricht..."

I added it as a comment in deutsch.tcl, for further consideration.

However, I think that send_message will disappear soon, or mutate into
something else. For several months, DesireData has had both a PdBox and a
TclBox, http://artengine.ca/desiredata/gallery/desiredata_1.png, both of
which can be made multiline too, by clicking on the "+" button.

One possible nice addition would be to have those boxes embeddable in
every patcher window, which would prepend the canvas's receive-sym to each
message, so that typing "obj 0 0 adc~" would add an object to the patcher
it's been typed in. (think of pd as a commandline tool...)

> "Tidy Up" should be "Aufräumen"

changed. (will upload the changes soon)

btw, the format of the translation files is really like I put it in a