[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 13 13:10:53 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, clemos wrote:

> do you imagine dealing with stuff like
> "I got a problem using "créerunnomdefichier"
> - do you mean : "machedateiname"?
> - oh yeah I mean : "makefilename"! "

Either the original name would be available as a tooltip, or the
translated name would be available as a tooltip, depending on translation
settings.

> "you should copy-paste your console output.
> - ok, it's here :
> objet créerunnomdefichier
> ... n'a pas pu créer.

Can't do anything about that... people routinely post GCC error messages
in German and French on public forums and keep on using localized GCC no
matter what.

> I agree with translating comments in help patches and stuff like that,
> but translating object names (which are actually keywords) in my opinion
> would really be annoying for the community.

It depends on how it is handled.