[PD] *** glibc detected *** debian/unstable

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 13 13:35:30 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Gerda Strobl wrote:

> Johannes Burström wrote:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-11/032513.html
> that he managed his problem with downgrading the libc6---do I actually have
> the same problem-
> should i also downgrade libc6 now?

I'd rather have you post a backtrace. This will enable to fix the bug
instead of just pretending that it doesn't exist.

Start Pd using the gdb program by prefixing your commandline with

  gdb --args

and then type the "run" command. When the crash happens, use the "where"
command to find out how the crash happened. Post the report here. to leave
gdb, use "quit" or Ctrl+D; if you do Ctrl+C it won't work because that's
reserved for aborting the program that gdb is running.