[PD] iemmatrix documentation - and mtx_mul~

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 13 17:10:08 CET 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 8:43 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>>> - where is it possible to find the latest version of the dlls? I
>>> look ed through the archives, but it wasn't possible to find those.
>>
>> They are included in the Pd-extended builds as individual objects in
>> extra/iemmatrix.
>>
>> You can access them by typing [iemmatrix/mtx_mul~] or by adding
>> c:/progra~1/pd/extra/iemmatrix to the path.
>
> thanks, I noticed. I've also installed your build to look for them.
> But without wanting to dish out your work, which is quite good someone
> to have in a few minutes the whole pd world, I prefer to install the
> one dll with the library (in case one exists). making one dll for each
> object makes the whole thing much bigger, and to my logic more
> confusing (I have almost all the same dlls as you, but self-installed,
> and prefer to deal with libraries as with single objects).

Having one dll per object doesn't really make things much bigger,
especially when implemented properly.  Its just encapsulating code in
multiple files rather than one.  As for the issue of confusion, try to
deal with name conflicts when they are compiled into libraries.

If you like spending your time maintaining your Pd install, don't let
me stop you.  I would just like to see us all spending less time on
maintenance, build systems, and file management, and more time writing
really cool things.

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
						        				-A.J. Muste