[PD] Fading between 4 videos - performance issues

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Tue Dec 13 19:52:44 CET 2005

hi again,

Am Dienstag 13 Dezember 2005 19:32 schrieb Nuno Godinho:
[...snip...]

> I even removed 2 clip leaving only 2, and still everything was slow. I even
> tried with only one clip and noticed that, although the clips was running
> smoothly [ctlin] had a significant delay and after I moved the fader would
> only reflect the changes after almost one second. Weird, isn't it?

oho, now that puts it in a different light.

it seems that you have a more fundamental problem there. are you sure you have
the correct drivers installed, and active? is there anything else running in
the background? maybe some conflicts with some other driver, or some old
remains of earlier drivers? windows is prone for this kind of "bugs" .....

i mean, hey, i could play around with at least one stream even on my old
pentium II/600 .....

how is the driver situation on windows? is open-gl always active and
accelerated as soon as the vendor's drivers are installed? or do the, by
default, only use active-x and refer to software-gl then? (similar to linux)

greets,

chris