[PD] What about multilingual Pd ?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Dec 14 09:13:40 CET 2005

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Piotr Majdak wrote:

> I would like to help. Unfortunately, my focus is not software
> programming. I use pd as a programming language, and as a user I just
> want to point to some issues. It's up to developer of pd to take my
> problems with pd serious (or not). BTW, users pointing to issues like me
> shouldn't be back fired like "you have a problem -> go and change it". I
> am a pd _user_, not developer, I hope you see the difference...

We are conscious enough about stability issues as it is... this is getting
routinely discussed on pd-list, pd-dev, gem-dev, gridflow-dev, the
#dataflow channel, the SF bugtracker, and so on. We agree that it is
important - but we don't necessarily have the means to fix all problems,
for various reasons.

If people who have even less the means to do so ("users") are pointing
be back fired like "your priorities are all backwards: stability!!!".
They're pd _users_, not developers, I hope you see the difference...