[PD] Re: synthesizers / drums / effects ..etc

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Dec 14 08:03:48 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 09:43:51AM +0100, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:46:38 +0900
> From: hard off <hard.off at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [PD] synthesizers / drums / effects ..etc
>
> basically what i'm doing is going through all these patches, and
> taking out all the named send-recieves (for clarity and ease of use)
> .. taking off all the gui interfaces (so it's easier to see what's
> going on) ... putting everything into subpatches rather than
> abstractions (again, for clarity and ease of use, and also simple cut
> and paste flexibility) .. removing any sequencers and replacing them
> with a simple inlet that takes midi note / velocity pairs. ..etc

What's happening Dudes,

I guess this is a good time to announce some user friendly GOP
abstractions in my CVS repository.

http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/s-abstractions/

You can download the whole kaboodle here:

http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/s-abstractions.tar.gz?view=tar

If you run ./install in the untarred directory it will install itself
into your .pdrc file from wherever you download it to (so put the
tarfile/directory in it's final resting place before running ./install).

These are just a very few of the abstractions I use on a regular basis. As
I standardise the rest (about 80 or so) I'll stick the suckers in CVS.

These are not quite as rradical as Frank B's abstractions. One thing
still to be done is right-inlet OSC compatability. Now that it's Xmas
time, that might even happen in the near term. Less likely is any sort
of statefulness any time soon.

These work well with the latest canonical pd (0.39-2). None of them
depend on having any externals installed.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Have fun.

Best regards,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx