[PD] iemmatrix documentation - and mtx_mul~

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 14 20:24:22 CET 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 4:51 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> Yeah, iemmatrix is currently hacked into separate DLLs, so there is a
>> lot of duplication of code.  Pd-extended has a ton of code in there
>> now, so that makes its quite big too, so matter how its assembled.
>
> usually that shouldn't ve a problem nowadays, but my space is really
> running low here.

Actually, this discussion lead me to look into using the "strip"
command on Mac OS X.  I think I found the correct flags, "strip -x",
which removes all but the global symbols.  It shaves about 20 megs off
of the "extra" directory.

.hc

>> There are some name conflicts that you can't deal with when they are
>> in libs, i.e. when you want one conflicting object from one lib, and
>> the a different conflicting object from the other lib.  Luckily you
>> haven't run into those.
>
> there are a few here, but I myself only have one way to deal with them
> (which is not exactly deal): load the preferred library first. It
> would be good not only to remove name conflicts, but also redundant
> objects from different libraries. Well, I guess that's why you're
> there.
>

>> No problem.  That's the world of free software...
>
> I think I won't be able to work on it before christmas. well, or maybe
> yes. who knows?
>
> joao

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                            - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.