[PD] dynamic stochastic synthesis in pd?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Dec 15 10:40:49 CET 2005

> hi , can you explain how have you been using those chaotic equations
> for sound synthesis?
> have you been using them for the generation of sound itself? i been
> investigating about this....
> in the stochastic synthesis as convieved by xenakis , stochastic laws
> are used to generate the succesive sample amplitudude values of
> digital sound. how can i  use the  numbers from one the  pd chaos
> objects to determine  sample amplitude values and the interpolation
> between them. how can this be achieved in pd?

well, my objects implement various kinds of chaotic systems ... each
iteration is taken as amplitude sample and the samplerate is up/down
sampled ...

for continuous systems, there are different ways to solve the
differential equations (different order runge-kutta) ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs