[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5 for GNU/Linux released

jake elliott racter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:05:06 CET 2005

hi - i'm having trouble with this installer.  i ran sudo make install,
and then had to make a few modifications to the Makefile because of
$'s in iem helpfile names that were throwing my shell off.  but now
running 'pd' i just get:

Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC5
compiled 23:23:45 Nov 27 2005
port 5401
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/local/lib/pd/tcl/library"
TK_LIBRARY="/usr/local/lib/pd/tk/library"
"/usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" 5401
sh: /usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui: No such file or directory
Waiting for connection request...

i grep'ed the Makefile and there's no mention of pd-gui being
installed or copied anywhere.  the installer also didn't create a
/usr/local/lib/pd/bin folder.  is pd-gui something i should download
elsewhere?

thanks,
-jake