[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC5 for GNU/Linux released

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 19 04:24:26 CET 2005

Let's keep this on the list since it might be of general interest.

jake elliott wrote:
> hi, hans;
>
> thanks!  it works now.  i still had to modify the Makefile to take out
> two lines with "$" in them (iemhelp/help-$n and
> iemhelp/help-parent-$0) because my shell was choking on them.

Hmm, thought I'd fixed that, but I guess not.  All that escaping is a
tricky pain in the ass. ;)

> also, OSCroute and xsample are not part of this package.  it says on
> your page that some packages are not available  on all platforms, so
> maybe these are they.  i installed OSCroute via CVS but all the
> rradical examples are still choking on the object and refusing to run.
>  i built xsample~ also but it just segfaults whenever i try to use the
> objects.  oh well.

xsample and the flext stuff is not yet part of this package, but it will
be.  I forgot to include OSC, its in now.  I am uploading the new
tarball right now.

.hc