[PD] can a [cnv] receive click events?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Dec 19 21:46:47 CET 2005

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, B. Bogart wrote:

> I'd love a feature to draw a variable width and colour border around a
> canvas too... :)
> desireData?

This will at least wait until the new .pd format is implemented. This
means using the #V feature. That is because I am unwilling to add more
positional arguments ($19, $20, $21, ...) to [cnv] and because Thomas and
I are advocating further deepening of the model/view separation.

The #V feature would ideally handle everything that the model (server
side)  doesn't have to care about, that is, everything that would get
ignored when running with the -nogui option.

Of course, a fair amount of backwards compatibility will be welcome, and
also there still will be a means to change the view-only properties by
sending pd messages to GUI objects.