[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6 release - int character in canonical

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Dec 20 18:49:19 CET 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 5:06 AM, João Miguel Pais wrote:

>> * Preliminary international character support. It seems to work fine
>> in comments, not yet in objects and messages.
>
> will this be a part of the canonical version soon? maybe it isn't as
> important as 64bit support or something else, but it will be strange
> when the patches from different versions will show up different - by
> comments it is relatively harmless, but when an object/message called
> "après" or "verzögerung" is there, the patch will work only on one
> version.

That's ultimately up to Miller, but this is a good first step.  If it
works fine, then its much more likely to be included.  This is a quick
hack, there is a probably a better way to do it, if anyone wants to
try.

Personally, I think the best implementation of this would be a
[comment] object with i18n support, so that all of the comments could
be internationalized, but the patches would remain the same.

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams