[PD] shell pipe to signal

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Dec 21 20:26:59 CET 2005

hi

i once tried something similar with sending audio-data over a
tcp-connection (i must say that i only got a signal with many glitches,
but i didn't tweak around a lot).

i didn't test it, but i would try to receive this data with [netreceive]
and pass it to [unpack~] from zexy, which converts a list of 64
(depending on the vector-size)floats into a signal-vector of 64 samples.
first i would try to run pd with sr 8000 (add -r 8000 to your
start-script). further its important that you send your values as lists
with the length of 64 values. that means that you have to put an ';'
after 64 floats.
maybe it won't sound very 'clean' (it's also depending on your
connection), but you could declare it as a form of audio-glitchart...
:-)

roman