[PD] alsa/jack problems on ubuntu/demudi

david golightly davigoli at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 07:26:56 CET 2005

Hello everyone,

After much deliberation I finally bought a new laptop & installed Ubuntu on
it.  Then I got a DeMuDi kernel for audio work, and Jack for audio.  I also
installed Pd-0.38.4 - so far so good, everything worked right out of the
box.  Then I installed a number of other packages
and upgraded to 39.2, this time compiling from source.  Now, when I launch
PD, I get the following:

couldn't open MIDI input device 0
couldn't open MIDI output device 0
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
unknown audio API specified
unknown API
unknown API
unknown API
unknown API
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

sys_close_audio: unknown API 5

Evidently a jack/alsa problem here, but CD's for instance play fine in XMMS
and alsamixer starts & runs fine, & qjackctl is active & rolling, so I'm not
sure what the problem is... any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

David

homepage: